Lung conditions, including lung cancer, are estimated to cost approximately £9.9 billion each year to wider society, and hospital admissions for lung disease have risen over the last seven years at three times the rate of all admissions (NHS Long Term Plan)
The long term plan sets out some bold ambitions for improving prevention, treatment and care over the next 10 years.
The HSJ National Respiratory Forum will bring together the key stakeholders who need to work together to achieve the NHS aims on respiratory disease.
- Analyse national policy – you will hear the latest updates from national leaders, and, crucially, understand what it means for you in your role
- Take time to horizon scan – you will explore and understand the future of respiratory disease prevention, care and treatment
- Gain innovative solutions to your challenges – you will hear from trailblazers about some of the most exciting and ground-breaking work, and learn how to deliver similar improvements
- Network with and learn from national leaders, senior managers and clinicians – you will be able to share challenges and ideas in small group settings
- Make practical plans – you will leave with the learning and contacts to develop into a plan to build your service for the future, in line with national aims